One-on-One Peer Consultations
Each student’s goals, responsibilities, and challenges are unique. An individual meeting with a peer academic mentor can help you identify and focus on your goals and develop the strategies that work best for you.
Here’s what happens in our individual meetings:
- You’ll get acquainted with your mentor
- The mentor will invite you to talk about the questions on which you are seeking advice.
- You’ll discuss what has worked well for you previously, and brainstorm with the mentor new approaches to try.
- At the end of the session, you’ll create a plan for implementing the new strategies you’ve discussed
- Set up a future check-in appointment with the same mentor.
All meetings take place in on the mezzanine of the Yale Center for Teaching and Learning on the York Street side of Sterling Memorial Library.